Baking Classes at Cinnamon Square
We want to share our 35 years of experience and knowledge with you.
About our Classes
The aim of our baking classes is for us to share our knowledge and expertise in an environment that allows you to learn with confidence, so that you can continue to use your new skills back at home.
The class sizes are small, informative and suitable for enthusiasts plus those with a little more experience. They are run by Paul Barker who has 35 years of baking expertise. His unique approach for precision baking allows participants to not only master the craft techniques but also provide an insight into the science of baking. In addition, Paul has won many industry awards including a baking industry award for his training skills and was a finalist for Best Tutor at the Cookery School Awards two years running.
Our Range of Baking Classes
Corporate and Private Baking Classes
COVID-19 PROVISIONS FOR OUR BAKING CLASSES
To ensure our Baking Classes remain as safe as possible for both yourselves and our staff, we have introduced the following measures:
- Class sizes will be reduced to 4 or 5 participants.
- Temperatures will be checked on arrival and you will be asked to sanitise your hands. The sanitiser will be available to use throughout the duration of your visit. We also ask that you sanitise your hands each time you enter and leave The Makery.
- You will be given a face shield to wear, which will also be worn by your tutor.
- Some aspects of the class will not be possible, such as visiting the Oven Room together as a group, as the space does not allow for sufficient social distancing.
- If food applies to your course, this will be plated by the staff in advance rather than providing sharing platters.
If you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 such as high temperature or a new persistent cough, please do not attend the class. Please notify us as soon as possible and we will transfer your place to a future class date.
About the Teacher
Paul has taught over 13,000 children since launching Cinnamon Square. Paul has helped advise on the Great British Bake Off, written many baking articles and book contributions, appeared on BBC radio, Good Food Show, Food Inspectors, Britain’s Best Bakery and online baking videos for Videojug.
Adult and Child Class - Bread Making & Easter Buns reviewed by Marian & Ciara
My daughter and I have just returned home from a baking experience at your Rickmansworth branch. It was a wonderful afternoon. Paul was great, he showed real enthusiasm.
First, I would like to thank you Paul for a wonderful Patisserie class this past Thursday night. As I came home with many varieties of goodies we made, I shared 'slices' with my neighbours and my daughter! The biggest thumbs up on Patisserie! Your course was a real eye opener on making the fillings. I thank you!
Wow, wow, wow,
PS “I’ll be back & I’m telling everyone they need to come on a course!